10.05.2008

Sleepy Sunday


Happy Birthday, Grandpa Ed! 
This picture is of Grandpa meeting Braden for the first time - I'd say he's smitten!




Cheering on the Hawkeyes on Saturday (guess we didn't cheer hard enough, but Braden sure looked cute decked out in his Iowa gear to "watch" his first game). :)



Baby Braden continues to do well; we just look at him and smile. He has dropped from his birth weight of 8lb. 6 oz. to 7 lb. 13 0z. (at last night's weigh in), but is eating like a trooper today.  He is like his daddy - loves to eat and gets fussy if we are late to feed him. :) 

He is awake a little more, but still naps a lot - so we are napping a lot too today.  It has been a relaxing morning, and we are looking forward to seeing family members and others who are visiting this afternoon.  

Enjoy the beautiful day!  

PS - I got my IV out today - so am no longer tethered to an IV pole- yippee!  I also feel less pain from the incision each day, and am "getting around" almost like a "normal" person. :) I know I need to keep resting and definitely am staying on my pain meds, but it is so nice not to feel like a patient anymore. 






4 comments:

Aubree said...

great pics! i gotta say, i was a little disappointed that you didn't name him something wacky like Godfrey, Gibson or Tunis. But i guess that will happen (if) and when i have a kid some day, then we'll all have a good laugh.

The Hartsocks said...

Aub - I can't wait to see what you do end up naming your kids! It will probably end up being something very "traditional" like Johnathan - and they we will really laugh because indeed we won't have a cousin with Mittens as part of his name! :)

Lance Yoder said...

Jill,
Love the photos! Glad to hear you are feeling better. I can't stress enough how fast these precious infant moments fly by! It won't seem that way during the sleepless nights, but looking back now, almost eight years later, I'm pained at how fast it went! I know you and Billy are wise enough to savor it! : ) The kids are remembering to lift you up in prayer every night, as are Lance and I. Take care! Love,
The Missouri Yoder family

cindy said...

Jill, I just left a message on your home phone that I want to bring a meal over for Thursday evening. But as I am now reading your blog I think you/Braden aren't coming home until Friday. So I want to bring you a meal either over the weekend or early next week. I might even sneak up and visit you this week. Should I call your cell phone before I come up? CindyB.