Hello again! Somehow another week has flown by, and our little guy is already 3 weeks old! He is still doing great, and is as precious as ever . . . although on Thursday night we had our first real taste of a somewhat "sleepless night" with a newborn - we were up with an unhappy baby for 3 hours in the middle of the night. (We know we are lucky that we are just now experiencing this!) I think I (Jill) may have been part of the problem - during the day we met Aunt Allie and cousin Em for lunch and then did some shopping . . . since Braden was sleeping so peacefully, I did not wake him for feedings. Then Allie and Beth babysat for the evening (yes, first babysitters!) while Billy and I went to a movie. I think that the combination of being out and about all afternoon and skipping feedings, then eating too much at once and having someone else take care of him for the evening made for one confused baby. Since then I have been much more conscious of trying to keep feedings/naps on a schedule, and our nights are back to normal. (Whew!)
Sometime in the past week or so, I Braden has really changed looks . . . his face is much fuller and he is getting a little double chin (he loves his feedings!), but from the side/profile he looks more like "himself"/like he always has.
Most of the time our kiddo continues to be pretty easy going . . .
10/22 - wakin' up from napping in the pack and play
1 comment:
What a handsome young man! He is so bright eyed. Don't take all the blame for the sleepless night. Sometimes they just happen and you have no idea why! (Just my little motherly advice!)
Post a Comment