10.12.2008

Firsts

Here's some pictures to update you on what we've been up to - lots of "firsts" for Braden!
(I wanted the pictures to be inserted after the text that follows them, but when I try to insert pics, they always are inserted at the beginning and I have trouble moving them - any tips from more experienced bloggers??)

Anyway - here are the pics:


Going home! Leaving our room in peds on Thursday around 5:00. . . 



Going home outfit


Arriving at home!







First time in the swing - he liked it!


First time Great Grandma Boese got to hold him




First bath at home - again, he liked it!



Check out that smile - yes, he really does smile!



First stroller ride - what a gorgeous fall day! We walked to 
Grandpa and Grandma Miller's house.




First trip to church (Parkview, which meets at West High right now)




See - told you he smiles!




This picture is to chronicle Braden's growth . . .  the outfit is 12 month size - each month we will take a picture of Braden wearing it until it actually fits. :)  This is Braden at 1 week (well, 8 days) - I sort of forgot we were going to do this.




We've been home for 3 days now, and it has been so much fun introducing Braden to our world. We are learning a lot as we go, and Braden is doing great - he even lets us get some sleep.  A typical night so far has been to feed him around 9 or 10, then 11/12, then 3/4 then up at 6/7.  So we are able to get a few hours sleep at a time - especially when Billy and I  take turns.  

On Saturday Billy did the 7:00 feeding and got up with Braden for the morning and let me sleep in till 11 (what bliss!!) . . . my incision continues to heal, but is sometimes painful and I am now off one of my pain meds (so sad to take that last one!). Overall though, I am feeling great, just need to remember to take it easy sometimes.  My type A personality keeps shining through - so sometimes I think I try to do too much in a day - laundry, keeping the house in order/things put away (now that we have TONS of baby stuff everywhere, this is harder to accomplish), other general housework (who did this all of the time when I was working??), etc. etc.

Today we took Braden to church - he did great - we were a little nervous about how he would do, but he pretty much slept through the whole service, but woke up long enough to drink a bottle.  Billy fed him, then was patting his back to burp him, and in the middle of church our little guy let out a huge burp!  The man sitting in front of us turned around to look at Billy, then laughed when he realized that the burp had come from a tiny baby.  Everyone around us got the giggles.  Other than that, the outing was uneventful.  We went to Sunday school out to lunch, and made a quick stop at Menards, and Braden slept through it all.

Tomorrow we'll go to Braden's first pediatrician's appt. - I am anxious to see how much he weighs now.  My sister is taking a couple days off to help me with Braden (thanks Allie!).  We've been blessed to have lots of friends and family members help us out with things this past week - thanks to my dad and Aunt Amy for mowing our lawn, many of you for bringing us yummy meals, and my mom for helping us unpack/get things organized and put away on our first night home.  We love you all and are thankful for the support you've shown our little family.














3 comments:

StuckeyBlog said...

He is such a cutie pie! Jill - I totally understand the type A "must get things done" thing. I remember stressing about having everything as clean and nice as it was pre-baby. It took me awhile, but it doesn't bother me like it used to. In fact, I have dust (that I can see) today. Yikes. And here I am reading your blog instead of dusting. I'd so rather be doing this! :) About the pictures - I have had the same difficulty. I start by uploading all of my pictures - starting with what I want to be shown last (last to first). Then I add my text. Good luck! I love to read about how you're doing!

Aubree said...

comment on the first photo-
um, don't you think its a little hard for little braden to breathe underneath all those plastic bags? i mean, i know you're new to this whole parenting thing, but that's just common sense!


all jokes aside, what an adorable little rascal!

The Hartsocks said...

yeah,yeah, Aub - when I posted that picture, I thought I should clarify that that was all our stuff heaped on a wheelchair that billy was taking to the car so that we could then take the baby. (how did we end up with so much at the hospital??) :) it does look a little funny!