10.08.2008

One more day . . .

 . . . until we get to go home!  Yay!  Braden's labs came back looking good (no more infection), so they just want to do a couple more cycles of his antibiotic and we are free to go.  It sounds like we'll leave tomorrow (Thursday) in the late afternoon/early evening.  

Today a breast feeding specialist helped me with feedings (which is hard to do when you have no milk), but was helpful and full of tips.  Tonight Billy gets to hold down the fort with Braden while I make a quick trip to Kalona for an appointment;  I thought about rescheduling it, but realized that I need a break and some time away (I have now been in the hospital for a week) - and I am going to pick  up a few things we need before heading home.

So, we are excitedly anticipating going home soon! I can hardly believe that we are almost there!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blogs brings back so many memories for me!! Those hormones aren't going away anytime soon, so get used to it! Good luck with the breast feeding thing--I didn't do it but helped Trilby get through it the first few weeks with each grandson. I didn't believe in the whole nipple confusion thing and all three did great on a pacifier(sometimes a lifesaver), a bottle and a boob.:) Use your instincts and listen to your mom. I can't wait to see him. I have a busy weekend, but hope to squeeze in time next week to stop by.

StuckeyBlog said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy you've joined the blogging world!!! Braden is adorable! I'm glad you're both doing better. You'll be such a great mom! I can't wait to read more about what you all are up to. :) Best wishes as you settle in at home!

Here's my unsolicited advice - which I'm sure you have gotten or will get plenty of...sorry! Anyway, as much as I advocate for breastfeeding, just don't beat yourself up if you can't. He'll be happy and healthy either way and is lucky to have you two as his parents!