10.04.2008

Saturday Update


Hi again!  It has been fun to read comments on the blog and e-mails from our loving friends and family - we appreciate your love, support and prayers.

I (Jill) continue to feel much better - yay!  I got to shower today, and am up and around and feeling much more like myself.  Whew.  Billy is back, and couldn't wait to have Braden in his arms again, so it was great for me to get in some snuggle time earlier this morning.  In just a few minutes we are going to give Braden his first bath.

The pediatrician came in to update us on the status of the infection that both Braden and I had when he was born . . .we've both been on antibiotics for treatment.  Tests today show that he is still testing positive for it, so will need to remain on antibiotics for the infection until Friday.  This means that he will need to stay in the hospital until treatment is over.  I will be discharged on Monday or Tuesday, but it sounds like I can stay in the hospital with him (even in this same room) as long as there is space available.  I just will no longer receive nursing care or meals - but am grateful that I can stay with him.  

Braden just got his first bath - it made him mad - and is now curled up with Billy on the recliner.  Billy is hoping to be able to watch the Iowa game  on  TV soon (we'll need to break out the Iowa onesie!) and cheer on the Hawks with his son!

Thanks for your continued prayers!
Billy, Jill, & Braden

PS - some of you have asked about visiting - YES, you're welcome to visit. Now that I am feeling better, we are excited for you to meet Braden :)  We are at the University on the 3rd floor Mother/Baby unit.  


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats you three! I am going to pork supper tonight and will plan on stopping by later. Can't wait to see the little guy. I am so happy for all of you!

Love,
Jen Tritle

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are doing better! He is soooo cute! I love the name!
Take care let me know if thre is anything that I can do.
Liz

Anonymous said...

Jill and Bill,

Watching your lives mend together as one has been amazing. Braden is adorable. He has wonderful parents.
Take care,
Marijo Killion

Little Yoders said...

Congratulations and welcome to the family, Braden! I hope things continue to settle after the whirlwind you have all been through. Snuggle, rest well, and enjoy getting to know each other! Our kids have runny noses so we wont be coming to visit..but we are thinking of you all and praying that God continues to bless you and heal you and Braden!
Love, the Yoder