I think I have uploaded pictures from my camera more times this week than I have all year! (My poor pics usually remain on the memory card for weeks until I remember to do something with them.) We keep snapping pictures so that we can remember all the fun "firsts" we are experiencing this week . . . many precious people in our lives are meeting Braden for the first time, we've given him his first bath, he "watched" his first football game with Daddy, and more!
Meeting Grandpa Jim
Meeting Alison (future babysitter) - it seems like just yesterday I was the one in the hospital meeting Miss Alison as a tiny newborn - time flies!
Today was pretty peaceful . . . I found out that I will be released from the hospital on Tuesday in the late afternoon, but that Braden will remain a patient until he has had enough of the antibiotics to be infection-free (probably Friday). I will still get to stay here with him (yay!), so that makes it easier. The doctors think he is doing great, and have also given me a thumbs up on being infection free and now having a more normal heart rate. My incision continues to heal and feels better each day; I am sort of grateful for the extra days to recover in the hospital - it is nice to be taken care of, with none of the responsibilities of being at home and doing daily tasks/chores. But we will be ready to go home and settle into our familiar environment.
Thanks again for all the e-mails, comments, visits, and prayers. We are so blessed to have wonderful friends and family to care for us.
1 comment:
What great pictures with such memories! Enjoy your down time whlie you are still at the hospital. Life will get "normal" soon enough. I can't wait to hold him!
Post a Comment