(Sorry, these pictures are not great quality - I used our old camera.)
Project 365: 14
Today B and I slept in, played trains, read books, and took long afternoon naps. . . ahhh.
By evening we were in need of a change of scenery, so we packed up and headed to the mall for a mommy/son date night: Chick - Fil - A for supper (our fav food court eats), and a little shopping.
We scored some new shoes for B (when he grows into them) at Scheels (love it when they have his size in the sale corner for more than half off reg. price!), and browsed the sale racks at our favorite stores. As usual, we ended our trek to the mall with a spin through Target. I had forgotten about a Target gift card B had received for his birthday in October, so we went looking for a belated birthday treat.
Lately Braden has been very interested in both numbers and letters. He's started counting, and can say a little bit of the abc's. When we read books, he likes to point to the text and say "a, b, c" (he does not really know which letter is which, and he used to just refer to any letter as "a"). He's really into the bathtime foam letters he has, and B loves to "read" the knock-off Uppercase Living - ish vinyl lettering on our bedroom wall above our bed by pointing to the letters and saying random letters - so funny!
Anyway . . . at Target they have leapfrog fridge letters that I have been eying for a while now, but wasn't sure if B would "get" them yet (and I also wasn't sure that I wanted them because they make noise and have lots of pieces). However, since he's been playing with his fridge farm a lot more lately, and has shown such an interest in letters, we picked 'em up. B was very excited to test it out in the store (the packaging allowed you to push the letter D and hear a little tune explaining how "D says Duh," as well as the ABC song. As we strolled through Target checking out the various departments, Braden was singing along (loudly). . . . and was encouraged by the smiles he got from passers-by.
When we got home, he had to try it out on the fridge before heading to bed. I am sure we'll get a little tired of hearing all the little songs for each letter, and I will regret this purchase as I pick up stray letters off the kitchen floor 42 time a day . . . but he loves it. And it is so fun to see him loving learning.
Project 365: 15
And
there's only
one more day
till Daddy gets home.
Whoo hoo. (and Whew!).
1 comment:
BOTH of those L.F. items were favs in our house!! Waiting for Addison to play with them now, it has been a nice break from the songs! ("You made a match. Look what you've done!") :)
Post a Comment