1.01.2011

a new year

welcome, 2011.  twenty eleven.  can you believe it?

I always have to wonder on the first day of a new year what the year will bring . . . it is kind of exciting, and a a little sad too.  Sad because the each year seems to go faster than the last, and that means my little guy won't be isn't so little anymore.

Each new year, as you probably do too, I set a few goals (or as my new purse calendar says on its cover, "plans and intentions").  I'm not going to share all of my goals on our family blog, but one that I hope to complete this year is participating in project 365.  

I've heard of other people/bloggers doing this . . .  I am not going to "join" anything or be official about it, but I do want to try to take one photo a day.  I'm sure you can guess what who most of my pictures will be of . . . :)

I'm going to do this for a few reasons . . . .1. to document our life  2. to use my camera more, and hopefully become better at it   3. to post more often on the ol' blog.  (When I take pictures, I post.  So if I take a picture a day, I should post more frequently.  I don't plan to always post each day's photo on that day, because I know I won't do that.  I dislike downloading pics off the camera, and don't always find time to do it.  But I do plan to post all 365 photos, so that I will have a home for them.  Maybe I will end up printing them in an album/book too . . .

Anyway, here's photo 1.

Project 356: 1

I picked this one because it is such a common scene at our house right now. Little man and his tractors (and his hawkeyes . . . he now has 3 pairs of hawkeye jammies because they are his favorite).  Here's another pic, because I know someone who will not like the first one due to the "half body" composition.



Here's to a whole new year ahead!

No comments: