1.13.2011

binky


Binky. Oh, how B loves his binky.  
He doesn't really need it (he goes all day at daycare without it).

And yes, it is probably time to get rid of it.


In fact, most of the time he does just fine without it (despite the fact that it appears in many photos of B)

But sometimes it seems to be almost magical and is a source of  great comfort. 

I get that.  There are things that I don't really need, but that bring me great comfort too.

Project 365: 13


In fact, just now B wandered over to see what I was doing on the computer, and broke into a big grin, exclaiming, "BINKY!" when he saw the photo above.  :)


And in other news, Billy left this morning to go to Minnesota.  Till Sunday.  I am glad for him that he gets to hang out with a good friend (actually helping him prepare for a move) and get away for a few days.  But I am sad for us that he is gone.

Tonight when we got home, Braden spied the coat Billy usually wears to work hanging on the door.  He got sooooo excited, and burst into the kitchen with a big "Dad-dyyyyyyyyyy!"  His little face fell when Billy wasn't there, and he went looking all over the house to find Daddy.  :(    I distracted him with cookies and juice (cookies rank right up there with Braden!), and little man and I have tried to stay busy this evening so we don't miss Daddy too much.

I think, perhaps, someone is going to go to bed a little earlier than usual, because 1.  he's a cranky pants tonight  2.  mommy wants to clean up the house a little, which is difficult to do with only one adult in the house and a two-year-old who gets things out faster than you can put them away  3. it's good tv night


No comments: