We're definitely enjoying summer vacation (well, Braden and I are - we enjoy seeing Billy all day on Thursdays and Fridays when he isn't at work) . . . and are lovin' our summer "schedule" (or lack of!):
Mornings -
Braden (bless this boy!) sleeps in pretty well most mornings (so I can too - yes!), till around 8 or 8:30. I've learned to be sure he gets up by then or he doesn't want to take a morning nap, and this momma likes for him to nap. . . it's been fun being home together, but B is on the move - all the time, and into everything. I'm finding it to be a challenge to work on my to-do list (more on this later) and keep an eye on him so he doesn't:
• try to crawl up or down steps if a gate is not up/pull up using the gate and then try to scale it if the gate is up
• eat the plant
• pull the dvd player off the shelf and/or stick fingers in the vcr
• eat the phone book pages
• pull up using the curtains
(whew! all of the above occur daily . . . at least 10 times EACH)
Here's our busy little boy with his favorite toy - the ottoman. It is perfect for pulling up - right height, soft, and wipes clean (drool, sticky fingers).
Most mornings if we don't have plans, we go on a walk (this is a great way to get B to take a nap if he is not wanting to fall asleep). Then it's lunch time . . . he's getting soooo big (we're working on throwing our hands in the air).

Afternoon/evenings -
Braden usually takes a great afternoon nap (a couple of hours - in which I try to accomplish something or just relax with a good book) - he's turned into a side sleeper these days . . .
. . . then we look forward to Billy getting home around 3:30. We've gone swimming a few more times (still loving the water), and like to take family walks (especially if Yotty's is on our route) in the evenings if nothing else is going on.
. . . and going to softball games.
Braden has fun crawling all over and seeing his cousins at the games, and playing with other little buddies (although this child always wants to steal his binkie and put it in her mouth - ew!).
So that's what we've been up to . . . just soaking in the sun (when it's out - we've had some rainy days) and loving the lazy (-er) days of summer.
As for my to-do list (remember this?) - here's how I'm doing:
1. Spend lots of time with Braden soaking up that sweet smile and being momma instead of "Mrs. Hartsock"
CHECK-get to do this every day!
2. Paint the kitchen and living/dining room
CHECK-on Monday and Tuesday B went to daycare and played with his pals (and got worn out trying to keep up with the "big" kids) while I (with the help of my parents) painted our kitchen "edamame" (green) and gave the living room/dining room a second coat of "bona fide beige" (same color it was) - glad to have that job out of the way, and love how fresh and clean it looks.
3. Exercise every day (no more excuses of being "too busy/tired after work")
Doing well - have only missed 2 days so far, but have exercised 2 times on several other days. I love being able to get out and walk.
4. Catch up on scrapbooking, paper and digital
No progress yet.
5. Create a blog book (blurb.com) - am excited to try this!
I "slurped" my blog into the blurb program (that is what they call it), but haven't gone through to edit it or make sure it looks the way I want it to.
6. Sort out our closets and garage and get rid of things we don't wear/use
DONE - (well, with my closet and Braden's . . . and cleaned out/reorganized the garage
7. Clean the "dump" room/storage room - this task is waaaaayyy overdue, but the Type A organizer in me is actually looking forward to it! In fact, it will probably get done this week
DONE
8. Read, read, read
Am reading. So far I read a book from the Shopaholic series (can't remember the title) - it was a fun, fast read, and am now working on American Wife for book club. I have also spent a lot of time reading blogs (some of people I know, some of people I don't know but now feel like I do - I just love reading others' thoughts/life events.
9. Have carpet professionally cleaned or figure out how to rent one of those shampooer things and do it myself
Need to schedule this now that painting is done.
10. Rearrange kitchen cabinets for babyproofing purposes
Not yet - B hasn't figured out the cabinets (ours don't have handles/pulls) - but he loves looking at his reflection in our black dishwasher door.
11. Wax and detail car
Nope - right now I'd be happy just to wash it (and not have it get rained on) and vacuum it out.
12. Learn/do baby sign language - we've been slackin' on this and really want to try it
Working on it -the book I am reading/using for this says to teach your child the sign for "more" first, then add others in a particular order. So we are working on "more" during meals.
No comments:
Post a Comment