We couldn't be happier to welcome Elise Jane to our family today! She was born via c-section at 11:50 this morning, weighing 8 lbs 1 oz, and was 19 1/2 inches long.
Lots of photos from Elise's b-day:
Getting ready to go to the hospital
She's here!
Mommy's first glimpse
Finally getting to hold our sweet girl!
Grandma Hartsock
Auntie Allie
Braden meets Elise (aka baby sister)
Family photo!
Grandma Jane
(honorary) Auntie Beth
B wanted to share his cars with baby sister
Grandpa Ed
It's been quite a whirlwind of a day! We drove to the hospital as huge snowflakes fell, and were quickly prepped and ready for the c-section (no hurry on our part, but there was someone else "in line" for a section). The procedure went very well (the worst part was the spinal, which I don't recall from last time because I'd had an epidural), and my recovery has been fabulous (very little pain at all).
We're so thankful for our healthy, beautiful baby girl and for a smooth delivery. Elise has been a very sleepy sweetie today, which has allowed us to get some rest too. Again - we are so very blessed.
About her name - we liked the name Elise because it is pretty and relatively unique (as in, not in the top 50). I also liked that it is similar to "Elsie," which was my Grandma Miller's name. When we were still narrowing down our name choices, we learned that one of the meanings for the name Elise is "trust in God" - which perfectly describes the journey we've traveled this past year. Elise was very much hoped and prayed for, and we waited a little longer for her than for her brother - but the timing worked out perfectly. We've learned several lessons in trusting in God over the last several months, so the name just seemed to fit.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5




1 comment:
Congratulations, Jill!!! Elise is absolutely beautiful! (And, I love her name! Elise is my niece's middle name, so I'm a little partial to it!) I'm so happy for you guys!
--Lisa
Post a Comment