So things are going well as a family of four - yes, we have some adjusting to do, but we all just love little miss Elise.
There are several things about having a child that I guess I had forgotten about (and I suppose you just do forget about so that you are willing to have more than one child). One of those things is the incredible amount of hormones that the lucky mom gets to experience. Yikes. For me, that means crying. And then more crying. Though I am the type the cries at weddings, movies, etc., other than that, I am not a crier -- not over general life stuff. But, oh, has this been a crying kind of a week.
On Friday I (of course) cried when Elise was born , and I will admit I also cried when they were giving me my spinal just before the c-section. o.u.c.h.! Saturday was not so bad - I think I only cried a little bit that evening when feeding her and just thinking about how sweet she is and how much she reminds me of Braden as a newborn.
Sunday night Billy went home to spend the night with Braden (many thanks to the grandparents who kept B overnight for most of the weekend) . . . I cried and cried that night alone in the hospital (and dang it, now that I am thinking about it am tearing up again!). Not because I was really sad or upset, but just . . . because. Because my baby was already 2 days old (time is going too fast already) . . . because the nurses were just so nice and helpful and what would I do without them . . . because Braden seemed to love his baby sister and had not shown any signs of resentment . . .
Monday arrived - going home day! And while I was so excited to get to go home, that morning (still alone as Billy hadn't come back yet) I cried and cried because we were leaving the hospital. I remember doing that with Braden too. Something about leaving the familiar routine of that place and those kind people just made me so sad. (And yes, the tears are now rolling again. So my post title is a lie). I will tell you more about Monday later . . . but also lay in bed that night just sobbing. I remember telling Billy that I wasn't even sure why.
That brings me to today. I am happy to report that the hormones seem to be a bit more under control. :) (And I suppose lack of sleep may also suppress any ability to show emotion? Let's just say that Elise apparently was very excited to spend her first night at home and didn't want to miss a minute of it by falling asleep). Oy. But we are optimistic about tonight.
Ok - enough with the writing - on with the pictures. :)
Here are some pictures from "Going Home" yesterday . . .
All buckled in and ready in her going home outfit
Ready to roll . . .
(Billy was mad at me for making him pose for this one - but I wanted to document the snow that fell that weekend.)
This one is to show Elise's outfit a little better . . . as I was sorting pics, I thought it looked very familiar. Next is one of Billy with B in the hospital too (not his going home day though) . . . perhaps Billy needs a new shirt? ;)
And just for fun, here's our going home pic with Braden.
When we got home yesterday, Mom brought Braden home. He is still very enamored with baby sister.
Aunt Amy and Addie also came by - Braden was excited to show Addie baby Elise.
Despite our sleepless night, we were up and going early today. Elise had her first appointment with Dr. Miller, our pediatrician.
We love Dr. Miller! She had Braden stand on the "big brother step" so that he could see everything that was happening . . .. . . and let him use her tools to "help" with Elise's exam
After our appointment we ran some errands, including a stop at Target. Elise was a trooper (Mommy's glad it looks like she enjoys shopping already!), and Braden was excited to get some popcorn to munch while we grabbed a few things.
Since Braden was very patient and mostly well behaved for the outing (as much as one can expect for a 3 year old who is currently very attention seeking and who had to wait through 2 appointments and shopping at Target), and ate a good lunch, he got to ride the carousel at the mall (a huge treat). Every time he came around, he'd wave and say hi mommy or hi baby sister!
Elise, on the other hand, was happy to just chill:
Next destination: home! I had to snap this one to show our new ride in use -- Braden was so pumped to use the new stroller with a seat for him and for baby sister. It really did work out great without being too large/cumbersome. Also - you can't tell here, but it was almost 70 degrees today - a perfect day to get out of the house.
We all enjoyed a peaceful afternoon at home . . . napping!
Ahhhh. Even Billy and I each got in a nap to help catch up on our sleep.



1 comment:
Such a beautiful family!! I can't believe you have the energy to blog. You are amazing :)
Post a Comment