Today marks Elise's 3rd week of life. I still look at her sometimes and can't believe she's really here. ;)
(Sorry about the blue blanket, baby girl . . . that's what happens when you have an older brother).Elise continues to be a wonderful baby; she's sleeping even longer stretches at night (typically 11ish - 6ish), and is having longer periods of awake time during the day. Right now she enjoys the swing, and doesn't mind tummy time a bit (her brother hated tummy time). She seems to be pretty strong and is able to lift her head up well. Of course she also loves to be held and snuggled, but sometimes I feel like we don't get to do that as much as I'd like, as B is craving attention too.
Overall, Braden still adores her (she must get 300 kisses a day from her brother) - but we're still working on some behavior issues with him. In fact I texted Billy this morning requesting prayers for patience. . .(Let's say it's a good thing mommy has plans for a night out with friends this evening!) The saying that the days are long but the weeks are short is so true. I know that one day I will look back on this season of life and wish to be in this place again. Plus, I can't stay too upset with him when he comes up to me and says, "Mom, I just need a hug." Oh, sweet boy. I love you - even when you are driving me crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment