Most of the snow from the Blizzard of 2011 had melted in the warmer weather over the last couple of weeks, but southeastern Iowa was a winter wonderland once again! It snowed a lot during the basketball game, and the drive home was a slow one - we averaged about 25 mph on the interstate. Thankfully, we did make it home safely and B was excitied to check out the newly fallen (and still falling!) snow.
Project 365: 55
All of this in just a couple of hours . . . I was excited about the prospect of a late start at school (there was one)!
Along with winter weather, we have gotten to deal with winter illness too. Billy has had a cold/cough for a while now that he can't shake. A few weeks ago he was diagnosed with bronchitis, and just hasn't quite gotten over it. He returned to the doctor on Friday, and was diagnosed with Influenza A.
At first we all sort of freaked out, but upon researching it a little, found that it's not that much different than the regular flu, and he's not contagious anymore. However, the doctor did prescribe Tamiflu for all of us to hopefully prevent B and I from getting it too.
Project 365: 57
I actually forgot to take a picture on Saturday . . . That evening we "enjoyed"/endured another exciting super close BB game as the IMS team battled it out for a trip to the state tournament (and won!!!) while Auntie Owie (Allie) and Beff (Beth) hung out with Braden. Just before heading to bed I realized that I hadn't taken a picture, and snapped the Tamiflu pic.
Unfortunately, I also realized that I had not taken a picture on Friday either. At all. :( Huge bummer! So I am cheating a little and am using a picture that I took at school.
This pic really was taken on Friday for our third grade school blog. I try to take pictures each week of the goings on in our classrooms so that families can get a glimpse of the kids in action. On Friday afternoons we do "stations" in which the kiddos rotate through several activities, including a craft. Lucky for me, our fabulous associate, Miss W loves crafts, and usually supervises that station. Here the kids are working on leprechauns in preparation for March with Miss W and a visiting relative.
Project 365: 56
Finally, here we are on Sunday night. I love Sunday nights, as we often stay home soaking up the last hours of weekend freedom and relaxation.
Project 365: 58
Tonight we're all comfy in our jammies and enjoying pizza and The Academy Awards. (Love how B is checking to see if there's any pizza left!)
A perfect way to recharge and get ready for a busy week ahead. I've got commitments for work that will mean I most likely won't get home till after 8 pm on Monday and Tuesday.
How long till next weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment