3.14.2011

spring cleaning & catching up

Spring is on it's way (dare I say it has arrived?!) . . . and today's dose of sunshine put me in the mood for spring cleaning. We've dealt with enough icky germs this winter to last us for a long while, and I am so ready for fresh air and a clean fresh start.  

Though I haven't felt much like cleaning the last few weeks (we've all been fighting colds and feeling generally sluggish), I was on a roll tonight . . . finally took down our remaining outside Christmas lights (hey - they're hard to take down when they're frozen to the bushes!), and caught up on the cleaning we didn't do this weekend (vacuuming, laundry, bathroom), and even made time to exercise. There's just something about a warm sunny day and the promise of more of the same to come! I love having the energy/motivation to get things done.  

Now it's time to clean up/catch up the ol' blog.  I have been faithfully snapping pictures for Project 365, but just have not taken the time or had the energy to post 'em.  So bear with me, this is a long post. ;)

I decided to start with today, and work backwards . . .

I took a peek in my flower beds this afternoon - and sure enough - some crocus are starting to peek through! (Looks like it's time to get out and rake off those beds!).
Project 365: 73

Braden is also thrilled with the warm weather, as he is such an outdoors kind of guy.  We blew some bubbles, and then while I un-Christmas-ed our bushes, he had a blast "mowing" and riding his truck.  I love that there are hints of green in the lawn!  It was a challenge to get B to head inside for supper - but once inside he loved burgers that Billy grilled.  Yep, we broke out the grill today - yum!

Since I am soooo behind, rather than stick to chronological order (in reverse), I'm going to post my past pictures by "themes." (Yes, I am a dork, who is a teacher, and is used to "theme-ing" (can I verb that?) things) . . .

Theme One -
Favorite Things

Ice cream.  Need I say more?  At our house, one can not eat ice cream (or anything, really) without a certain someone begging for a bite!
Project 365: 71

A hubby who cooks. Again, enough said. (Pardon the blurry pic).  Billy's specialty is home made pizza, and he recently expanded his repertoire to include deep dish/Chicago style pie.  Yum!!
Project 365: 61

A hubby who also does the dishes.  Usually not on the same night that he cooks, but hey, I'll take it!  A sink full of clean dishes that I didn't have to wash certainly is a happy sight.
Project 365: 67

Margs. Yet again, enough said.  
Project 365: 66

Golden Delight Bakery.  If you are from Kalona, that is explanation enough.  If you aren't, you need to know about the best little bakery just north of town.  We simply adore their flakey butterhorn rolls.  The bakery closes every winter from January-March, so you can bet we made a trip on their "opening day" last week.  Billy picked up some home made (to die for!) doughnuts, a pie, and these yummy cookies.
Project 365: 64



Theme Two -
Braden's Favorite Things

Cookies for Breakfast.  Really, are they any worse than a doughnut?  And some o-gurt goes nicely with cookies.
Project 365: 65


Making Messes.  (In fact, one of B's new nicknames is "mess maker."  It is hard to stay upset with my little mess maker when he then repeats: "messsss make-er" after me (emphasizing mess).
Project 365: 69
I am sure you can guess how this particular mess was made . . .

Tubby time.  Little man still loves to splish and splash.
Project 365: 68


Toys that aren't really toys, but are oh so much fun.  I love that B can make anything into a "toy" 
 . . . laundry baskets . . . 
Project 365: 62 
 . . . the gliding footstool (so fun for a ride!)
Project 365: 73
 . . . and even hangers.  Yes, he loves to play with hangers.  He pretends they are boats (can you see it? like as in a sailboat? he is declaring "boooooat" in the first picture), and sails them all over the house.  
Project 365: 60
Theme 3 -
Things that aren't exactly favorites
(aka - the leftover pictures)

Sick baby. As I have mentioned, we've had our share of the crud recently.  Braden and I ended up getting it too.  The only good thing about a lil' boy who doesn't feel good is that he is sooooo cuddly and snuggly and mellow.  He spent several days watching George (as in Curious) on the couch.
Project 365: 58

Glasses.   I really don't like them.  I wear my contacts all. of. the. time.  But - when I have an issue with my eyes (sometimes they get dry), I find myself not not liking my glasses so much.  Because it is nice to be able to see. (And just so you know, this really boring, random photo was taken one night at about 11 after I had been in bed for awhile and suddenly realized that (horror!!!) I had not taken a picture for the day). 

And that, my friends, is it.  Caught up - whoot!
(In full disclosure, I am missing photo number 63 - but it is on my sister's camera, so I can't post it).

Here's to Spring!!

No comments: