2.03.2011

snow ice cream

Today we made snow ice cream!  I've seen a few recipes floating around online, and we finally gave one a try tonight for dessert. 


Project 365: 34

Here's the recipe we used (with thanks to my friend Cindy for posting it on FB!):

Frosty the Snowman Ice Cream:

4 cups fresh, clean snow
1/2 cup whole milk or half-n-half
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

First mix the milk, sugar, and vanilla together until dissolved. Fill a second bowl with snow, then pour milk mixture over snow and mix well.  Add toppings and enjoy.

(We didn't have whole milk or half-n-half, but did have whipping cream (you know, since it's considered a staple on our shopping list now) - and that worked fine.  And we loved it with chocolate syrup on top!)




PS - we're back to school tomorrow.  Though it was fun to be home today, I will be glad to get another day in before the next round of snow hits!  I think we might make some snow ice cream in my classroom. ;)

No comments: