Hope your day was filled with hugs and kisses! I used to think of Valentine's Day as a "greeting card" holiday, but I've decided that there's nothing better than a day that celebrates love. Love should be celebrated every day, but sometimes we need a little reminder to tell our loved ones just how much they mean to us. :)
I've had a great day, but am a little tired wiped out after spending the day with my third grade kiddos who were on a v-day high (all morning I heard, "when is it time for our party?" . . . and by afternoon one could inhale the sugar just by walking in my classroom) -whew!
I have to brag on Billy for a bit - his thoughtfulness made my day. He made me smile when I got into the car to drive to work this morning and found that he'd taped a valentine on the steering wheel. Not only was there a lovely card, but inside was a gift card to the coffee shop in town (where I enjoy grabbing a cup of java with friends after school once in a while). A great way to start the day. . .
. . . then at school I was surprised with beautiful bouquet of roses and chocolates delivered to my room. I know flowers and chocolates are a somewhat stereotypical gift, but I love, love, LOVE them. It is just the best to get flowers at work. Thanks, Billy, for making me feel so loved and special today!
Project 365: 45
I had a late meeting after work (poo on whoever plans meetings on Valentine's Day!), and was happy to get home to my boys and our 2nd annual heart shaped Papa Murphy's pizza. After supper I got to enjoy some snuggle time with our little "bachelor." He wouldn't sit still long enough for me to take a good pic of his v-day shirt, so here are a couple of B on the move . . .
He's become a fan of taking all of the books out of the basket before selecting the ones he'd like to read. :P On the bright side, we get lots of practice putting them away!
Updating Project 365
I haven't been very good at posting my pictures lately (nor at taking some of them - ick) - but I have still managed to take at least one picture every day.
This boy could play with "fractors" all day long . . .
Project 365: 39
Our little superman!
Project 365: 40
Who wants chocolate? Making brownies with daddy
Project 365: 41
Shoes! Grandma Hartsock came over to play (babysit!) Braden, and he had a blast wearing her shoes. When we got home, he had to try on Daddy's shoes too.
Project 365: 42
Project 365: 43
Another day in which my photo isn't quite up to par . . . I meant to take the camera with us when we delivered a valentine to my grandma (G's great grandma) on Sunday night to get a picture of Braden and Granny. Unfortunately, I didn't. Granny remembers every holiday, and is also always sure to remember a card to celebrate the occasion. So when we got home, I snapped a picture of the valentine she got for Braden displayed on my kitchen windowsill.
Project 365: 44
No comments:
Post a Comment