8.12.2014

Back to Reality

Though I love our MN vacation, I always dread it because I know that once it's over, summer essentially is too.  Monday morning Mom watched the kids while I went in to work on my classroom.  (To be honest, it really irks me that it's necessary to do this . . . teachers all over the country (world?) spend hours of our own time preparing our little spaces and getting things ready for the kiddos to arrive.  I sometimes tell myself that I just won't go in early, but it causes me great anxiety when my room is not ready.  Sooooo I join the many others who go in on our own time to get things all set up.

These pictures really don't do the situation justice.  When coming back from summer vacation a classroom is a blank slate, and this year mine was a mess with several boxes of new reading curriculum for me to sort through and find a new home for.  (When I took these pics I had actually already been in for a few hours and put up bulletin board paper and tried to semi organize the piles that met me upon first entering the room.)


I had arranged with Mom that she would watch B & E for the morning while I worked, but after a few hours it was evident that I was going to need a LOT more time.  Thankfully she graciously kept them for the rest of the day and I stayed and worked . . . till around 9 that night.  Here's the progress I made in one day:


Much better!

No comments: