So I am not sure how my baby boy is a KINDERGARTENER this year, but he sure is! Of course he is never a fan of taking pictures, so Elise stepped up for the first one. I guess we could call this her "First day of daycare without Braden there this school year" picture. (I am noticing she's not looking very awake yet, and still has her beloved baby with her at this point in the morning!)
And here's a series of shots I took trying to get B's first day photo . . .
. . . he was not particularly cooperative!
. . . better!
. . . ok! we'll call it good!
B's first day on Tuesday was actually a "visit day." Just the kindergarteners came to school for the morning so they could get acclimated to the school without all the other kids there. I loved it, because I was able to be "Mom" and take some pictures and take him to school that day . . . on Wednesday, the first REAL day of school I had to be "Mrs. Hartsock" and be greeting my own class and Braden walked to school with his daycare pals.
We arrived at school a little early, and B had breakfast in my room before we went to his class . . .

When we got to his classroom, his teacher saw my camera and asked B if he'd like to take a picture with her for mom. He agreed, but only if they did the Herky pose. He explained to her how to do it, and they did! :)
Hanging up his backpack in his locker (sooooo excited to have a locker)!
Here's what he was doing when I left . . . already having fun with new classmates! No tears at all! (Mommy may have shed a few, later though.)
That night we got ready for his first REAL day on Wednesday. He loved Tuesday so much, that he was all set to go. After making his lunch and setting everything out, we did a run to Yotty's for ice cream to celebrate the official beginning of Kindergarten. (I know it looks LATE/dark here, but it was not). :)
I tried again to get a good "first day shot" of the real first day, and Braden said I could only take one and it could only be inside. So here it is - even though it's kinda blurry! (Notice a SpiderMan shirt for the 2nd day in a row. Funny side note - B's best friend Max is in the other Kindergarten section. His mom shared that they were talking about how he and Braden would not be in the same class, but could play together at recess. Max told his mom he knew just how to find Braden on the playground - he'd just look for a SpiderMan shirt!) :)








No comments:
Post a Comment