4.27.2012

dress up

Today Elise and I played dress up (well, technically Elise was the only one doing any "dressing up," -- and I suppose we actually play dress up every day . . . have I mentioned how fun/cute girls' clothes are?).  

When Elise was born, we were talking about baby clothes and my mom dug out a little dress that had been mine.  My Grandpa & Grandma Boese had given it to me when I was a newborn (and, says Grandma, it was hard to find something little enough to fit me because I was born early and weighed 4 pounds and a few ounces - I guess I don't know my exact birthweight).  Mom gave me the little dress/bloomers and I hung them in Elise's room, thinking that I should take a picture of Elise wearing the dress someday.  I've been thinking for a few weeks now that I need to take that picture before E is too big to wear it, but just hadn't - until today.

So here's Miss Elise at 8 weeks (today!) wearing my dress . . .

As I explained, the dress was a gift for me from my grandparents.  Today Grandma B. is the my only living grandparent, and she crocheted the pink and white blanket for Elise . . . so the dress and blanket are special to me.




No comments: