4.13.2012

six week sweetheart

Miss Elise is 6 weeks old today!  (How did that happen so fast?!)  
At 6 weeks, Elise:
• is smiling quite a bit; she definitely is more "interactive" these days
• is eating 4 oz, sometimes 5 every 3ish hours
• sleeps from 4 - 6 hours at night (typically eats around 10, then sleeps till 4 -- I'd like to get back to eating at 11 or 12 and sleeping till 6, but we'll take it!)
• has more "awake" periods during the day, and is starting to enjoy her playmat
• is still wearing Newborn size diapers and clothing, but is also able to wear some 0-3 mth clothes that are on the smaller side (infant sizing is SO inconsistent!)
• likes to go out and about and is "easy" to take most anywhere.  Yesterday Elise and I went shopping with Grandma Jane and she did great! (And it is soooo fun to shop for GIRL clothes! Perhaps a little too fun)
• has developed a bit of a rash . . . I think Braden had this too and when I took him in it was just a heat rash - I am hoping it will clear up soon :(
• doesn't mind tummy time at all, and holds her head up well - she's a strong little lady!


This week we was chillier than it has been - we've actually had 2 nights during which there was frost.  It is supposed to stay warmer now, though there is lots of rain forecasted for the coming week. We took advantage of the one sunny day after the frost/before the rain to do a little yard work.  We removed an overgrown bush and two tree stumps, and Grandpa Ed came over to help sow some grass seed in a few bare patches and to move some hosta plants.  It's hard to see in the picture below (I was trying to hold both Elise and the camera), but B has a shovel and is helping dig holes for the "pasta."  He loves doing anything outdoors. :)

No comments: