5.01.2012

the first day of May

How is it possible that today is May first?!  I was thinking the other day that I have been off work for 8 weeks . . .  and in another 4 weeks I will be 1/2 done with my stretch of "time off" (maternity leave + summer vacation). . . . it's going wayyyyy too fast!

Braden is 3 1/2 now, which is mostly a fun age.  He can really understand things that he used to not really "get."  For example, we (well to be honest, mostly I) made May baskets to give out today.  I was planning to have B help a little more, then we were going to walk around the neighborhood to deliver them.  In reality time got away from us and I ended up assembling them while he was sleeping, and then the weather didn't cooperate for a walk earlier in the day, so we waited till Daddy got home to drive around and deliver them.

Of course, Braden still wanted to keep one for himself, but then really got into the idea of leaving a "surprise" on people's doors and quickly running away upon delivery.

It's fun to do special things like this to "celebrate" special days . . . I remember making May baskets a time or two as a child and trying to deliver them without getting caught. ;)  Stuff like this is a lot more fun now that Braden is a little older.

Here are a couple of pics that were on my camera from last week:

Miss E, 8 weeks, just home from church and in a smiley mood!  Love how generous she is with her smiles these days - so fun!


A boy and his bike . . .
Braden's favorite toy by far these days is still his trike/bike.  He asks to ride it multiple times a day, and is able to ride forever.  Seriously, he can ride for miles (literally) when we go out walking.  At home he loves to ride on our driveway and down the little path to the backyard patio/"park," and knows not to go onto the street.  When we are out walking he prefers to ride on the sidewalk, and we're working on learning to stop and look both ways for cars at intersections.  It won't be long before he'll be ready for an actual bike!

No comments: