6.03.2011

it's the most wonderful time of the year

Wednesday marked our final day of school - so summer vacation has officially arrived.  As always, I have been looking forward to vacation (duh), but this year it somehow sort of snuck up. It's almost hard to believe it really and truly is summer. (Sorry for those of you who don't get a summer vacation - it's a real perk, let me tell ya!)

On Thursday (first day of vacation) it poured.  B went to daycare, and I ran some errands and planned out our summer to do list (I'll post more about that later - I have a lot to do, and am also working to be more intentional about planning things to do/playing with Braden).  Anyway, one of the items on my list of things to pick up was a potty chair.  Yep - we're going to work on potty training this summer (wish me luck!). I also got a book about potty training boys, more undies,  a couple of bags of M&Ms, some stickers, and the Elmo Goes Potty dvd.  Hopefully we have all of the necessary gear!

Today the forecast included high temps and humidity, so we planned to hit the pool. After a productive morning (workout, laundry, lawn mowed, bills paid - whew!), we purchased our pool pass and jumped in.  Braden loves this water more than ever this year - such a fish!


Project 365: 150
 The picture above is actually from Monday . . . we went swimming as a family at the Washington pool.

I have been a little concerned about how B would do in the water this year. I knew he'd love it, and was fairly sure he'd still be pretty brave; the part that worries me is that he is so brave/unafraid.

He started out using his tube, but (as I had feared), wanted to ditch it after a while.  It just makes me too nervous to have him in the water with no flotation assistance (even though I am right there with him, it would just take a second . . .) - so we tried water wings/floaties.  Thankfully he loved them (I just need to get them pumped up a bit more so they stay on better)!  With the floaties he was still able to climb out of the pool easily (his tube kept getting stuck in the ladder), yet had a little help staying afloat when jumping in the water.  He also loved that the floaties allowed him to actually go underwater when he jumps.

 Of course we also had to bring the boat and cars . . .

Here's to a great summer and relaxing afternoons at the pool!

Project 365:154

No comments: