What a weekend! We took our first ever "family" vacation/trip to celebrate the wedding of friends Scott & Liz and the 4th of July in Wisconsin.
Braden was a little trooper and did pretty well traveling (for being stuck in a carseat for several hours now that he prefers to be moving ALL of the time) . . . it would have probably been a more relaxing trip if we'd left him behind with grandparents, but we had a lot of fun with him along.
Braden's favorite part of the trip was the mirrored closet door in our hotel room . . . hours of fun!
On Saturday morning we went out for brunch before the wedding. Here's our little guy all decked out for the 4th!


Braden and I went back to the hotel to relax before the wedding while Billy was at the church for pictures.

Unfortunately, though we were at a gorgeous wedding, almost all of our pictures are of Braden (surprise, surprise, huh?) . . . he loved playing in the back of the sanctuary before the wedding.

The reception was at a beautiful lakeside dinner club. After dinner and dancing, we watched fireworks over the lake.


We chose to sit down by the lakeshore to take in the fireworks . . . Braden did a great job waiting for the action to start, and was enthralled with the actual fireworks display. He especially loved the grand finale.



Now we're home and it's bathtime for the little guy and time for momma to get going on the mammoth piles of laundry/unpacking from the weekend . . . why is it that taking one extra little person means taking a LOT of extra stuff? Whew!
PS - Friday was B's 9 month b-day . . . more on that soon! We were able to squeeze in 9 month pictures before we left - I will post those when we get them back/I scan them, and tonight I need to take his photo in the outfit (I was so upset to have forgotten to do it on the 3rd - this is the first month I have not taken his pick on the 3rd). :(
No comments:
Post a Comment