7.08.2009

(even more!) summer fun

When title-ing (is that a word - can I verb that?) recent posts (does anyone else find thinking up titles that are catchy - or at least not too dorky/boring - challenging?), I noticed that I have used several variations of the phrase "summer fun"  . . . which I suppose is a good thing - it means we are indeed having a lot of FUN this summer. 

My (yikes!!) 15 year high school class reunion is this weekend . . . and one of my best friends is home for the week to visit family and attend our reunion.  Yesterday she and I met a couple of our old college friends for lunch, and then last night our families had dinner together.  Here's her oldest daughter with B - it was fun to see them play together.

Braden's favorite past time is still pulling up/cruising around on things.  I'm so glad he has learned how to "gracefully" sit down from a standing position (vs. falling down and banging his head on the floor).

He's also really into his books lately . . .

 . . . and is starting to look at them rather than trying to eat them! I missed taking a picture of the scene, but last night he got all the books out, and we found him sitting in his book basket holding one book - so funny!

Tonight we headed out to cheer on the softball team.  B always has fun with his cousins at the games.


Notice that he is bundled up - it was cold (60's!) at the game - sure doesn't feel like July in Iowa (we're not complaining!)  . . . but we are hoping for some warm/sunny weather tomorrow so we can meet friends at the pool. 

Braden also had fun stealing Grandpa's hat . . .




It's hard to believe that we've already reached the halfway point of summer vacation! :( We'll just keep enjoying each day that we have left.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Braden just couldn't get any cuter! I'm so glad you are having so much summer fun, but did you have to remind us it's half over??!!! And, yes, I often struggle with the titles for my posts too.