Yesterday was B's 9 month checkup. He willingly demonstrated his climbing, crawling, crying, pulling up, and "talking" abilities to Dr. Miller. She said he is doing fine, and that by 1 year we can ditch both the bottle and baby food . . . which means we have a lot of work to do to get used to the sippy cup and introduce more table foods (also meaning I need to actually cook meals!).
Braden's 9 month stats:
height - 28 1/2 inches (60th percentile)
weight - 18 pounds (15th percentile)
At 6 months he was 27 1/4 inches (80th perc.) and 16 pounds (20th perc.) - so he's growing, but is tall and skinny (we can't figure out where he got those genes!). He also has 8 (yes EIGHT) teeth now - 4 top and 4 bottom (he cut the last 2 this past week) - so is ready for corn on the cob. :)
It feels like summer is slipping away . . . perhaps because we've been having weird weather in Iowa. We've had lots of rainy or just grey days lately, which sort of spoil outdoor summer plans. I was hoping to take Braden to the pool today (it's been a whole week!), but again, we woke up to a cool, cloudy day. So I guess we'll find something else to do - the problem is that many of the things on my summer "to do" list (scrapbooking/digital photo organizing, reading, cleaning) are not easy accomplished while in the presence of an active 9 month old who is getting into everything!
My high school class celebrated our 15 year reunion on Friday night (wow are we old or what! . . . as one person said, it will be fun to get together for our 20 year to see everyone again, but then we will be 38!!). A few of us also met for lunch at the park so that we could see each other's kids and have some extra time to chat. Surprise, surprise, it was raining and just poured while we ate in a shelter. But the kids had a great time splashing in the puddles after the rainstorm passed:
They were completely drenched!
Braden was too little to join in on the fun (but I am sure he would have crawled right into the water if I'd let him) . . .

And here's the good old class of '94! We had 20 class members attend (one came after the photo) out of 44 (and 2 of those were foreign exchange students who live in Venezuela) - so we felt like it was a pretty good turn out. It was a lot of fun to see friends I don't normally run into, and to reminisce together.


2 comments:
Great pictures - but I don't know about all that CUB get-up!!
It's good I check the blog 'cause I rarely seem to see you guys.
Judy
I can't believe next year will be our turn for our 15th reunion...any comments or suggestions on things to do or not do? (Can you tell I'm one of the ones planning the reunion?) It's crazy to see people again and think that everything about that person has changed, and yet they also seem the exact same.
Post a Comment