12.24.2008

Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas, everyone! I was going to take a new picture of our little guy in his holiday gear to accompany this greeting (this one is from our Christmas card), but he's currently doing this:


(hee hee - love the hairline in this pic!) . . . but seriously, is there anything more sweet than a sleeping baby?

Well . . .
I think we're ready!  I just got  done making one last treat - Oreo bon bons - yum!  I usually don't make too much Christmas candy/cookies  (Allie and I often do some baking with Mom, or just let her handle making our favorites!), but this year I got on a roll. I dipped pretzels, made reeses PB cup brownie things using mini muffin tins (again, yum!), and stirred up some snickerdoodles (Billy's request) and turned them into Christmas cookies by using red and green sugar to roll them in.  I tried without much success to get Billy to help me make these treats, and can't help thinking that in a few years I will have an eager little helper! :)




We're excited to celebrate Braden's first Christmas with our families - it's always crazy, busy, and so much fun!  Tonight we go to my Grandma's house for a soup supper and gift exchange.  Then tomorrow we kick off the festivities with breakfast at my parents' house with my immediate family - then stockings and gifts!  At noon we're trekking to Iowa City to my aunt and uncle's house for the extended Miller family celebration . . . in years past we used to go to a movie on Christmas night, but now that we have so many kiddos, we're planning to have a movie night at their house - sounds fun!  We always eat wayyyyy too much yummy food!  Then on Saturday we'll celebrate with the Hartsocks at Billy's parents house (this gathering was post poned due to colds, so hopefully everyone will be feeling better!) - we're looking forward to a great supper, playing games, and gifts there too!  

I think my favorite part of Christmas celebrations is spending time with our families . . . we're so fortunate to have everyone close by and get to see both our families for the holidays (we'll be missing my Spain-residing-cousin Aubree again this year though - we'll be sure to break out a paper plate for you, Aub!  When a family member is missing for the annual family picture on the Miller side, you get a paper plate head when we pose for the pic). :)

In the midst of all the fun (and fun it should be!), take time to remember the birth of the little baby that is the reason for the season - truly a wonderful reason for celebrating!

For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, 
and the government will be on his shoulders,
And he will be called 
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

No comments: