6.18.2014

pals

I won't lie, Braden and Elise don't always get along . . . in fact it seems like little sis gets picked on a lot (though she's pretty good at holding her own and dishing it back too)!  But most of the time, it's fun to see them actually playing together.  They are at fun ages for doing activities, and this summer Elise is old enough to be able to do many of the things Braden does (and even if she's not, she thinks she is - girlie is just itching to go off the diving board like big bro!).  

I snapped a couple of pics of them playing together the other day . . . they LOVE to spend time riding bikes/scooters/big wheel on the driveway.



Braden also had his favorite friend from preschool, Max, over to play this week.  The boys played SO well together, and had a blast.    At one point they were playing downstairs and I overheard this conversation:
M: How old are you, Braden?
B: Five
M: How old is Elise?
B: Two
M: How old is your mom?
B: She's all grown up.

The boys mostly just played with B's trucks/toys, but I did have one "special" activity for them (which I found via Pinterest - where else?!).  The used syringes to squirt vinegar mixed with food coloring onto baking soda on cookie sheets.  They LOVED how the vinegar fizzed up, and had fun mixing the colors too.  I was impressed with how carefully and precisely they squirted the vinegar - it was a lot of fun (and easy and cheap too!).


* Note that B is wearing a cape :)  He loves to have on some sort of costume.

No comments: