6.15.2014

Kalona Days

Our town has a traditional celebration each June, with the oh so original name of "Kalona Days." (It's really pretty mich only one day of events, but I guess Kalona Day doesn't quite sound right.)  Despite the name, it really is a fun time that we look forward to each year. Who doesn't enjoy a parade, yummy food vendors, and activities for the kiddos?  I enjoyed Kalona Days when I was a child, and love that my kids enjoy it now.

This year we took selfies to pass the time while waiting for the parade to begin . . .

It was cousin Annie's first parade!  (and she slept through the entire thing) :)

Twinkies!

Awaiting the parade . . .

Picking up CANDY!


Braden participated in the pedal tractor pull (which he was very disappointed not to win) :(

Both kids had fun riding the barrel train . . .
  . . . several times - Daddy even rode it once. :)


Elise had her first pony ride!

After a yummy lunch, we headed to the pool for the rest of the afternoon.  What a fun day!


No comments: