A couple of weeks ago we went on a quick (as in one afternoon) trip to the Niabi Zoo! (I know, I have not been very good at posting lately - lots of catching up to do).
Braden and I picked up Billy at work at noon, and we all enjoyed exploring the zoo together (last year B and I went with some friends, so this was the first time to go as a family). Thankfully, (unlike last year), the weather was perfect - actually a little cool, so this trip was more comfortable. :)
B was really into checking out all of the animals this year . . . (even if Billy wasn't) :)
he loved the monkeys (George!)
. . . and was excited to see real llamas (you may recall that his favorite book is Llama Llama Red Pajama)
he wasn't too sure about the birds that swarmed us when we fed them nectar though
. . . the whooo whooo (owl) in a cage was safer to observe :)
While Billy and I were not so excited about the reptiles, B loved them . . .
This zoo is the perfect size for an afternoon trip - you can easily see all of the exhibits in a couple of hours. It's also great for kids B's age, as it isn't too big. B had a great time running down the paths between exhibits, and also enjoyed a piggy back ride . . .
. . . and liked the butterfly chairs too
The highlight of the day, however, was not the animals . . . it was the TRAIN!
B loved waving to everyone as we chugged around the zoo . . .
Project 365: 175
No comments:
Post a Comment