7.30.2011

bye-bye July

Can it really be the end of July? 
(Yes, I know, I have done a poor job of posting this month . . .)

So what's been up?

Not a lot . . . B and I have been enjoying our carefree summer days at home (they are now slipping by quickly - yikes!) . . . sleeping in, playing cars, building towers, reading books, and of course spending most of our afternoons at the pool trying to keep cool these last few weeks, as temps/heat indices have been 100+ degrees.  Braden continues to love the water and is our little fish, and asks daily to go swimming and to "go on a fast boat" (Grandpa H's boat). 

He's also discovered that running through the sprinkler is a fun way to beat the heat . . .


We're not quite ready for summer to be over . . . thankfully there are still several more weeks of lazy afternoons at the pool (I don't have to report back to work until August 24th!), though I will likely soon be spending some time in my classroom (because the arrival of August always brings the back-to-school dreams - yep, still have 'em every year).  :)


No comments: