The enchilada was really hot (heat-wise, not spicy), so I said no - hot, hot, hot, and cut up a couple of small bites to cool off so he could have some. After eagerly consuming those bites, Braden was ready for more. I started to cut up more, then blew on a piece and held it out to him . . .and he said "hot." !!!!!!
Billy and I looked at each other in surprise - and to confirm what we'd heard. Yep, he said his first word: hot. (Well, he does already say dada/mama, so I guess this is technically his 3rd word.) Anyway, he said it a couple more times - so fun!
I am anxious to see (or hear!) what words will come next. He loves to "babble," so I am sure more will be coming soon. When thinking about why he might have said hot as one of his first words, I realized that we do say it to him a lot: be careful, that is hot . . . stay away from the oven - hot, hot, hot . . . watch out, don't grab that - hot . . . etc.
I would guess the only words he hears more on a daily/consistent basis other than his name/nicknames might be "I love you," "be careful," or (ironically) no no! (But let's face it - he's at that age where he gets a lot of no no's: grabbing kleenex/TP, chewing on just about anything, ripping up magazines/any paper he can get his hands on, pulling on the dvd player, pushing buttons on all electronic devices he can reach, etc. etc. etc.
Such a fun stage, eh? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment