9.19.2009

fall Saturday fun

This fall it doesn't really feel like fall with the warm, sunny 80 degree days we've enjoyed (I guess technically it isn't fall until the 22nd of September). Today Braden and I got to enjoy more of this gorgeous weather at Anna's Cutting Garden. Anna is actually a former high school classmate of mine, and each summer/fall she hosts a fund raiser for Habitat at the cutting garden at her farm.

It was the perfect day to enjoy the flowers, as well as the yummy food that they had (pizza baked in her outdoor woodfire oven, and homemade ice cream).

The cutting garden (visitors get to "cut" their own bouquets of flowers)

When we arrived, B was still enjoying his morning nap . . .
. . . but quickly woke up when he realized that pizza and ice cream were part of the outing! :)

Grandma Jane choosing her flowers . . .



When we got home, B and I both enjoyed the luxury of Saturday afternoon naps, then cheeered on the Hawkeyes. Braden is learning to throw up his arms when we say "touchdown!"

I. Love. Saturdays.

No comments: