Tonight Braden experienced "solid" food for the first time - rice cereal! He was very interested in the spoon, and kept trying to hold it himself or chew on it. He wasn't so sure about the actual cereal, but between bites would squeal for more . . . he just wasn't quite sure what to do with it once it was in his mouth. After several bites, he became more interested in eating his bib!
We'll try again in a couple of days . . . I have a feeling he will soon be gobbling down solids just like he does his bottle. ;) I am anxious to try food with a little more flavor, like the veggies and fruits, to see how he reacts.
On Monday Braden had his 4 month check up (actually 4 1/2 month). We got the go ahead to start solids and Braden showed off his new rolling skills for his doctor - in fact he hardly held still for most of the appointment. He kept trying to roll on the examining table and loved the noise the tissue paper on the table made when he kicked it. And of course he hammed it up with his big smile! There were a few tears after the shots, but he soon fell asleep and I was able to grab a few groceries (including rice cereal and baby food!) after the appointment. That night he was wiped out and slept a lot . . .
His latest stats:
Weight - 14.5 pounds (50th percentile)
Height - 25 1/4 inches (70th percentile)
It's hard to believe he has almost doubled his weight and has grown 5 inches in length . . . makes me wish I could hold him as a newborn again to remember what it was like!
This picture was on my camera from last week; one night after supper Braden fell asleep in his chair while I was doing the dishes.

Here he is with Alison, getting ready to go to his first movie and get pictures taken at the mall. He did great at the movie- it was a matinee on Saturday afternoon and I thought I would feed him and then he'd sleep through it, but he stayed awake the whole time! He got a little squirmy so I took him and we stood in the doorway for awhile, but we were able to see the entire movie. However, due to the fact that he missed his nap, pictures were not so much fun. But we did get a cute one (I had a coupon for one free sheet of pictures, which was the reason we got them taken at such an odd age (4 1/2 mths) - and stuck to my guns and just got the freebies - yes, it was hard not to buy more!) - I'll post that picture when I get it scanned.

Our little basketball fan! We've gone to quite a few basketball games this winter, usually have the camera, but never remember to take pictures. Braden (of course!) likes to sit up and watch the action, and is an easy baby to take to games. At a game last week we sat near his good buddy from day care (she is so cute and loves to give "baby Braden" kisses when he arrives and departs) - when she saw him at the game she wanted to sit with him, so here's Braden and his buddy on her grandma's lap - too cute not to snap a photo!

Now that we're up to date, it's bath time for Braden (gotta wash off that rice cereal!) . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment