2.03.2009

4 months!

Well folks, here we are at four months already!  Can't believe how fast time is flying by . . . (I think I say that every month).  At four months Braden
• is sucking on his fingers all the time
• drools excessively (we think he's working on some teeth!)
• is almost able to roll over
• loves to sit up, and can stay "sitting" when propped up 
• is eating 6 oz. at feedings
• still sleeps through the night, and doesn't wake up till after 8 unless we get him up earlier (whoo hoo!)
• smiles and coos more than ever - the best is when he wants to flash you that precious grin when he has a pacifier, and you can see him smiling behind it - then he spits it out to give you the full blown smile
• likes to "stand"/push up when we hold his hands



fingers always in the mouth these days!



And the 12 month outfit pictures . . . here's the progression:

1 month

2 months

3 months


4 months (fingers/whole hand, of course, in mouth)
and a few more four month shots for fun!



Braden's first Super Bowl party

He was less than impressed . . . .




And a few fun shots from this week . . .

almost outgrowing Mommy's current favorite sleeper

hmm . . maybe I could suck on my toes too!


And finally, a little bragging on my dear hubby . . .this is what I came home to find on Monday after work!

The card:

We got engaged on February 2, 2007 ("proposal day"!?) . . . since we also met on the 2nd (May 2nd) - the 2nd of each month used to be kind of our special day - we tried to make it a "date night" if we could . . . (but now that our anniversary is the 30th, and Braden was born on the 3rd, we don't typically "celebrate" the 2nds of each month anymore. . .   I was thrilled to come home to roses and a new candle (I burn candles all the time) after a long Monday at work. I'm currently battling a nasty cold/sore throat, so it was extra nice to come home to an unexpected surprise.  We also got to sneak away for an early dinner out (no cooking or dishes!) while my mom babysat.   I was happily sleeping (gotta love cold meds with codine) by 9:00 and Billy took care of Braden's feeding and bedtime routine.   :)  Thanks Billy - Love you!! 

1 comment:

cindy said...

i really like reading your posts and keeping up with braden. What a great scrap book/blog you are keeping. I just want to say one thing, i won't say it again and maybe you are trying but... i loved that leah was litle sucking her thumb when she was little, it made for a great sleaper. But now at five, not so cute. If i have another i will push the pacifier like no other. I see him with one and maybe his sucking is temporary due to teething or whatever...Just wanted to give you a heads up. with love, Cindy