9.28.2008

Nope

Despite eating Fall Festival food (onion rings, apple fritters, philly cheesesteak, some mexican), walking a lot at the Fall Festival, eating a Monte Cristo at Bennigan's for lunch today and walking the mall, then coming home and walking around the block over and over with my mom and sister (in fact we had a friend peek out of his house to see if we were indeed trying to bring on some "action" - he saw us pass by multiple times!), this kiddo is not yet ready to arrive.  I have been having more contractions - just not regular ones.  Sigh.

Nesting kicked in big time yesterday - our house is spic and span.  In addition to the regular cleaning that we try to do on a somewhat weekly basis,  I dusted every nook and cranny (even the spindles on the bannisters which I HATE and the ceiling fans), and used attachments when vacuuming).  I even got Billy (reluctantly) in on the action and he washed the car and took in our overflowing collection of popcans for redemption while I organized the recycling and weeded the flowerbeds.  

So, we continue to wait. 

Yep, here's our bags, ready to go.  Yep, here they stay.  




Here's Billy's "gift" that he bought for the baby in Galena . . . a border collie stuffed animal.  A cute shop had pretty much every kind of dog in several sizes (cute and small, medium, and then life sized); check out which size my hubby needed.  Actually for a while every time I walked past the baby's room I jumped because I thought a real dog was sitting there!



This is the quilt my mom made for the baby - I just love it!  We made it a little on the bigger side and picked colors that coordinate with the baby's room, but that are also bright/fun so he can use it when he's older (not too baby baby-ish).  I can't wait for all the snuggling we'll do under it. :)  She's also making a little version of it that we can use to throw in the diaper bag when we travel or over the carseat on cold days.





Finally - here I am today - 40 weeks!

Now for a change in scenery, we're off to watch the season premiere of Desperate Housewives with my parents (yes, we are all addicted to smut! but you know you watch it too)  . . . I am feeling a few little contractions right now, so maybe things will progress!  We'll let you know! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're so excited for you....can't wait to hear!!!