9.25.2008

No news (isn't such good news, but isn't bad either)

I had an OB appt today; and everything continues to look great.  Again baby H was very very active during the NST, and this time it showed that I am indeed having some mild contractions! Yay!  My blood pressure is lower (thanks to working 1/2 days this week and trying to stay off my swollen feet a little more), which is also a good thing - the BP has not been a big concern, but a couple of times it was high (I think due to nerves more than anything, since once it was high when I had just found out baby is a boy, and the other time was when a mean nurse told me I could not leave the clinic until I peed in the cup, but being newly pregnant I did not have to go and just couldn't eek anything out, but did need to leave and get back to work - yikes!) . . . so they are monitoring my BP closely.

I am measuring right on, and the doctor estimates that baby weighs 7.5 - 8 pounds right now . . . so come on out little fella before you get any bigger!  I was terribly disappointed when she told me to go ahead and schedule an appointment in another week. . . but she said they won't induce until I am at least a few days past the due date or unless she is positive baby is getting really big (and I am thinking 8 pounds sounds large enough!). 

So, really, all is well, except I continue to become more anxious and uncomfortable.  Last night I was up most of the night with the worst heartburn ever, and I didn't even eat anything spicy - everything gives me heartburn these days.  I have also been having mild contractions for a while - on and off, not too severe, but not the most pleasant experience either.  However, I am blessed with an understanding hubby - Billy has been great at making dinner, rubbing my poor feet, and putting up with my generally crabby disposition/whining. It has been also been wonderful to be home 1/2 days to rest (since I am not getting much sleep at night) and just not feel so exhausted at the end of the day.

This weekend is the Fall Festival here in Kalona (YUM - and being pregnant, I think I get to eat for 2, don't you??), and there is a home Iowa game too - GO HAWKS! . . . so lots going on to pass the time!  (We just hope we don't end up having to fight football traffic to get to the hospital!)

We'll keep you posted . . . :)

This picture is from a couple weeks ago - so you can imagine how I am looking by now!



1 comment:

OOO said...

I'm tired of waiting...could you please do something about that??