While my favorite season (hands down!) is summer, I must admit that fall is working its way up in rank and is finding a place in my heart. There are so many fun things to enjoy in the fall (once we finally get back into the school routine and get the beginning of the year madness out of the way!).
A couple of weekends ago our community group from church had a hayride/wiener roast hosted by one of the couples in our group. The weather was PERFECT and everyone had a fun time. It has been years since I've been on a hayride . . .
The kids loved it, and also loved running and playing in the hosts' huge yard, enjoying early evening daylight while it lasts. (I think it's already getting darker significantly earlier and it's only a couple of weeks later!)
Another special event that we look forward to each fall is the Kalona Fall Festival. It was super warm last weekend, and almost felt like summer had returned. I don't think I've ever been so hot at Fall Fest! Eating apple fritters in 80-something degree weather just doesn't feel right! I failed to take many pictures, but did snap a few on Saturday morning with Braden. Billy and Elise had breakfast/early lunch at the festival, then went home to catch the Iowa game. Braden wanted to stay, so he and I enjoyed more yummy food, and B got his face painted . . . of course, he chose the SpiderMan design!
He also made a rope using the "old fashioned" rope making machine - he wanted a black and red rope.
That evening we enjoyed some family time at City Park in Iowa City. We hadn't made our annual trip to the kiddie rides yet this year, so we surprised the kids and took them on the rides.
The rides are perfect for little ones, and Elise went on them all this year too! She was a trooper!
You can't quite see it, but they are holding hands. :) I hope they are always best buddies!
After the rides we enjoyed some time on the swings . . . Elise LOVES to swing.

Sunday was Soccer game #2. It was really HOT. Braden was into it at first, but lost steam and got tired of running. I don't blame him. ;)
B throwing in the ball
Elise entertaining herself with water bottles. :)
Grandpa Ed and Grandma Jane came to cheer him on.
Braden got to play goalie last week. He did a great job and stopped 2 goals (and they were the only 2 attempted while he was goalie)!
Goalie in action!














No comments:
Post a Comment