8.24.2013

Back to school . . . Braden: PK 2013

One FUN thing about going back to school this year is that Braden gets to come to KE with me!  It is soooooo nice having him in my building and I love getting to peek in on his class.

He was so very excited to go to the back to school open house/ice cream social and meet his new teacher, Miss Lori. (Though he did get a little shy once we were there.)

On the actual first day, he was pumped and ready to go! (And was even semi-willing to cooperate and take pictures.)


This year Braden is in the AM class. For his first day, B got to go to school with me so that I could take him to his classroom that first morning (he will usually walk to school with his daycare pals).  Since we went early, he got to eat breakfast in Mommy's classroom.


He was soooooo anxious to get to his room, but it wasn't officially time yet, so we burned a few minutes taking more pictures at school . . .



When he just couldn't wait another second, we went down to his room and Miss Lori graciously allowed him to come in early and check things out.  Part of the arrival routine at PK is that everyone goes to the restroom and washes hands.   Braden thought the little sink was pretty neat.

An old buddy of B's also came a little early, so Parker and Braden got to get reacquainted with one another before class time.  Parker used to go to our daycare provider, so they played together as babies/toddlers.

A little later in the morning I went down to peek into his room.  There is a special one way window that looks into the PK room, so Mommy can easily check things out without distracting anyone. :)  I took these pics through the glass, so there is a little glare.


Miss Lori also took lots of pics of the first day, and posted them on their class blog.  I copied these next two from her site.  


The whole class!


We are thrilled that Braden (so far) just LOVES PK this year.  He liked it last year, but this year he is just so excited to go.  I think being in a smaller class (12 vs. 20) makes a difference, and of course he's a year older. The first night he came home and chattered away about his day - which is HUGE.  I usually have to ask lots of questions and find it hard to get him to answer me, but he volunteered lots of info at supper.  Billy and I couldn't believe it.  He told us all about snack, that he liked his new Spiderman waterbottle but that it didn't work (it's hard to work the straw), he liked playing outside best, names of some of his new friends . . .

That evening I had to run back into school to get a camera cord that I had forgotten.  When B heard where I was going, he asked to come too.  When we got to school, he wanted to go to his room. I explained that I didn't have keys to his room, but we could see if it was unlocked and peek in if he wanted to show me something.  As we walked into the empty room, he exclaimed, "Oh man!  Where are they??"  Apparently he thought that the kids/teachers would be there and was excited to go back.  I explained that everyone goes home at night time, just like mommy does.  He showed me around the room again just chattered away about things (his spot on the carpet, as well as some other kids' spots, the toys he liked, etc.).

The next morning, when I went to wake him up, he rolled over and asked to stay in bed "a few more minutes mommy," as he often does.  When I reminded him that it was a PK day, he was out of bed immediately with a huge smile and asked if we were going "right now, Mom!"

We are so thankful that he is enjoying preschool!  Although he's enjoyed sleeping in this weekend, he already asked tonight if tomorrow is a school day, and was disappointed to learn that tomorrow is Sunday.

No comments: