4.29.2013

tastes like spring time!

Ahh - we've FINALLY had some gorgeous, warm weather days and it's feeling more like spring time (actually SUMMER today - it hit 86!)

We spent much of the weekend sprucing up the flower beds and yard - pulling out old plants, raking leaves, mowing, and planting a few new things. I am itching to get to the greenhouse, but since the forecast for later this week includes a chance of snow, I am holding off.

Our local grocery store had a great sale on strawberries, so I picked up a bunch after work today to make a strawberry pie.  It was so nice outside, we scrapped our dinner plans and had burgers on the grill, pasta salad, and pie for dessert - yum!

A few of the berries were HUGE, so I set them aside for the kiddos to eat.  Braden was very impressed with the large size . . . like an apple, mom!

Elise wasn't sure about her berry at first, but then dug in (there isn't much that little miss won't eat!)




A slice of our first strawberry pie of the season - mmmm!

No comments: