I LOVE holiday traditions! One tradition that I've heard about, but hadn't yet participated in is the Anderson (Billy's mom's family) cookie bake. For one reason or another, it just hasn't happened for several years. On Sunday we changed that, and gathered at Aunt Amy's (Billy's sis) for a yummy lunch, followed by cookie decorating for the kiddos, and a cookie exchange for the adults.
Billy's cousin, Traci, also has an Elyse -- so here's Elyse and Elise! (3rd cousins, I think?)
Braden was much more into EATING the cookies than he was into decorating them . . .
Hard at work . . .
Lovely cookie creations :)
The cookie decorating concluded with a tradition that I'd never heard of, but that Braden is now a BIG fan of . . . using the leftover cookie frosting as finger paint!
messy . . . yummy . . . and FUN!
Sunday evening we got to take down the second advent stocking - Braden is loving his "stocking surprises."
We also (finally) read our new elf on the shelf book and met our elf, which Braden named "Rugby." (Initially he wanted to name the elf Jesus, but somehow that just didn't seem quite right.)
We're anxious to see where Rugby will show up!
Braden has been adding to our holiday decor. . . I keep finding "additions" to our Christmas tree on the lower branches. Can you see Mater resting in the lower left?


No comments:
Post a Comment