One of Braden's favorite activities is riding the gator at "Jim Grandpa"'s farm. (It is so funny to hear him refer to his grandparents . . . for a while he just called everyone (male or female) "grandpa." To help distinguish who he was referring to, we starting saying Grandpa Jim, Grandma Jane, etc - but that never really caught on. Then he began to call them all "grandMa." . . . and now is finally (usually) using the correct Ma or Pa ending. And, for some reason, Grandpa Jim is now Jim Grandpa.)
Anyway . . . B loves to visit the farm, especially if a gator ride is on the agenda (and even if it isn't, Jim Grandpa (or Grandma!) will usually agree to taking him on one). :) On Saturday Billy and Braden headed out to the farm to check out the chickens and enjoy the sunny day. Cousin Aidan was there too, which made the visit even more fun!
B stayed with G & G for the afternoon and evening while Billy, Elise and I went to a graduation party and got groceries. When we picked Braden up, I asked him about his day and what he thought of the chickens. His first comment was "Mom, chickens poop!"
Also on Saturday our little miss reached the 3 month mark! I've said it before, (and will likely say it again) - but we are just so happy to have our sweet baby girl and can't imagine life without her.

Although I love the baby baby stage (those first few precious weeks are my favorite, and they go by wayyyyy too fast and are hard to really soak in because it's such a blur!), I am loving seeing Elise's personality emerge as she gets older. She generously flashes her adorable gummy smile (E just lights up at the sight of a familiar face), and is becoming more aware of her surroundings. She reaches for toys, and is figuring out that she's the one in charge of moving her always flailing arms and legs.
At 3 months, Elise . . .
• is wearing size 1 diapers, and size 3 mth clothing (and will be on to 3-6 mth earlier than I had expected)
• eats 4-5 oz every 3ish hours during the day
• is awake a lot more - still takes some short catnaps during the day and often one longer morning nap (about an hour), and usually a good long afternoon nap (2ish hours - sometimes longer) . . . but also sometimes will stay awake most of the day as Grandma Jane discovered when she babysat on the day I had to go back to school (E was probably having so much fun with Grandma that she didn't want to sleep)
• generally sleeps through the night from 9ish to 6ish (if she goes down later, she sleeps later, which I prefer). After her first morning feeding (she's just ravenous when she wakes!) E typically goes back to sleep for another hour or two
• likes to be rocked to sleep (with B I tried not to do this so much, but - especially at night - Elise often gets "over tired," thus grumpy and when rocked will fall asleep in a couple of minutes . . . but (if she's gotten to that over tired/grumpy stage which happens a lot in the evening because she just doesn't want to miss a thing!) will just fuss and have a hard time going to sleep on her own)
• will play for long periods of time on her playmat -- kicking, kicking, kicking
• prefers the bumbo seat to the bouncy seat these days, and LOVES to sit up high where the action is (ie kitchen counter)
• likes to suck/chew on her fingers . . . and drools, drools, drools - we usually have a bib nearby
• continues to be easy going and laid back - an easy baby to take wherever/whenever our schedule takes us. She's been to book club with Mommy, story time at library, the pool, a baseball game/fireworks, many shopping trips, the pool, and all sorts of places and is happy wherever she is
• has rolled over (back to tummy)! see pictures below :)
• coos and chortles happily . . . in fact sometimes I get used to hearing her little "voice" and don't realize right away when it's changed to more cry because she's hungry, wet, or big brother is invading her space more than she's willing to put up with (B still adores E - and still has to shower her with kisses first thing every day)
We took the "monthly" picture . . . at left is 3 months (6/2/12), and at right is 10 days.
Elise -3 mths (her eyes look dark here, but are still blue)
Ready for church 6/3/12
And she's on the move! For days (weeks?) now, Elise has been rolling onto her side, but then would get stuck . . .
. . . unless she received a "helpful" push from B
But yesterday she made it on her own! (and we missed it!! just like with B!). We were all upstairs . . . Billy was watching a movie and Braden and I were in the kitchen. Elise was on the playmat kicking and cooing . . . when I realized that her coos were sounding a little distressed. Upon further investigation, we found E on her tummy (which is not her favorite of positions) - and she was ready for some help returning to her back. So, I missed the actual event, but here is Miss E on her tummy (by her own doing!). (And not to compare kiddos - though that is exactly what I am doing! - I was shocked to discover that Elise rolled over at 3 mths and B was 4 mths and a couple of days when he first rolled over . . . Braden has always been on the "early" side for physical milestones (like walking at 8 mths!), so I was curious what E would be like. Watch out, world!)
We kept a close eye on her for the rest of the evening, but she hasn't repeated her feat yet.


No comments:
Post a Comment