I've thought about/intended to write this post several times this past week, but kept finding other things that needed to be done. It's hard to believe it's been a week since we officially moved! (In some ways it seems like just a couple of days, and in other ways it feels like we've been here far longer.)
We ended up moving some of the larger furniture on Thursday night right after closing. The weather forecast for Saturday was not looking favorable, and we wanted to move things before the nasty weather set in. Of course I completely forgot to take any pictures of that evening.
Friday we moved more small items, and mom and my aunts helped move the kitchen. It has been soooo nice to have the kitchen unpacked, organized, and ready to go right away. Here's the one and only photo from Friday (Mom wiping out cabinets):
Saturday was our "big" day - despite the snowy/sleety/rain, and thanks to an enclosed trailer and our helpful moving buddies (thanks so much!!) everything was moved from the old house to the new one by 10:30am!
We still had to unload/put away, but things went really slick! Here's the crew taking a lunch break:
(Sadly, those are the only 2 pictures I took on Saturday!)
We spent the rest of Saturday unpacking boxes, arranging furniture, making beds, and even were able to hang a few things on the wall by evening - making it seem like "home." We were even able to park one car in the garage that first night! Braden did ask a few times when we were going to "our house," and has had a bit of a tough time at bedtime (mostly I think due to going to be later than usual), but loves the space in our "big new house."
I was very sore by Saturday night (2 long days on my feet caused them to swell - which had not occurred yet with this pregnancy). The boys slept well . . . I, unfortunately could not sleep - a combo of pregnancy insomnia, a kicking baby, and feeling achy/restless - but luckily had plenty to do so finally just got up and organized the laundry room at 2 am. We all ended up sleeping in late, which was much needed. Here's B eating his first breakfast at the new house:
He loves to sit in "my seat" at the breakfast bar.
We left Braden with G&G Miller Sunday afternoon and made a run to Target/Walmart/Bed, Bath, & Beyond/Lowes to get things we realized we needed (that's what happens when you double your square footage and go from 1 bathroom to 3), then actually hosted a small gathering to watch the Superbowl Sunday evening.
I took the day off on Monday to continue to unpack/recover from the weekend. My parents spent the afternoon helping me unpack, do some touch up painting, cleaning, etc. and by the time Billy got home from work Dad had the garage all organized and we were able to park both cars inside!
I took the following pictures on Tuesday evening (it was already dark, so the lighting isn't the greatest - but I had intended to post them right away to show how far we'd come 4 days after moving) . . . so things already look a little different. But since I am too lazy tired to retake the pictures, I'm still going to post 'em.
View of entryway (from living room)
Living room (entryway is to the right)
View of kitchen/dining from living room (kitchen is to left of livingroom; stairs to lower level are at far left of photo and entry from garage is just to the left of the pantry at left of photo).
Looking toward living room from dining room (dining room used to be a porch that the former owners enclosed and made into a 4 seasons/dining area - which added a lot of space); bedrooms are down the hall where Billy is standing
Master bedroom and bath
Hall bath (kids' bath)
Braden's room
In other news - my OB appt on Thursday morning went well -- baby is active as ever. In fact, the doctor did another scan to double check baby's position because we thought she may have flipped back to being breech (she hadn't). She had, however, grown quite a bit (which I can tell - her feet are in my ribs and things are feeling very "tight," and I am now measuring 2 weeks ahead - and we know it's all baby because I actually lost a pound since the previous appt). So we'll see - little miss may be arriving any time . . . which is just fine because we're moved and mostly ready. There are a few things I'd like to wrap up at school though - although on Friday I was so uncomfortable/tired at work that I really wouldn't have minded going on leave right then. :)


2 comments:
Wow. I'm impressed. You got settled in so quickly - at this stage of your pregnancy, I think you deserve an award! Your new place is beautiful! Congrats.
I love your new home! Glad you have time to get settled before the new babe arrives :)
Post a Comment