10.01.2011

Lately

This evening a friend asked if I still blog.  The answer: we still have a blog, but not much actual blogging has been happening.  I will try to fix that!

Somehow September just flew by . . . and we're well into fall - the leaves are turning, the air is crisp, and we're digging out jeans and hoodies.

We've adjusted back into our "regular routine" of life during the school year.  Braden is having fun hanging out with his daycare pals on a consistent basis, and is again going to Grandma Jane's every Friday (or "Grandpa," as he calls her!  We finally figured out when he was requesting Grandpa, that at least part of the time, he really meant Grandma.  Apparently for B the term Grandpa is an all inclusive name for any grandparent). :)  

Suddenly our little guy is not seeming so "little."  He turns THREE on Monday!  He has grown at least a couple of inches this summer, and his ever growing vocabulary and longer sentences make him seem like such a big boy.  I'm sure he will seem to grow up even more quickly when we have a newborn in the house in a few months!

I'm 18 weeks pregnant, so in just a couple of weeks we'll get to have the ultra sound and (hopefully) find out if #2 will be a little brother or little sister!  Although the first trimester of this pregnancy seemed to be never-ending, it is hard to believe we're almost halfway.  I'm feeling much better, but am still nauseous in the morning and certain smells send me running. Other than being tired and wanting an early bedtime, I'm feeling good.

I have not done a good job at all of taking pictures this month - but did grab the camera to snap a few photos at the Fall Festival last weekend.  

Braden loved the kiddie area, and would have played in the corn bin for hours.


To lure him out of the corn, we bribed him with his first ($1!) pony ride.  He liked that  a lot too!

Of course we all also enjoyed the good eats . . . apple fritters, home made ice cream, soft pretzels, carmelos and more - but we were too busy eating to take pictures of the food!

No comments: