4.24.2011

Celebrating Easter

When Braden came down from getting dressed this morning, he was excited to see . . .

that the Easter Bunny had been at our house!


We spent a little time playing with new toys (and ate a bit of chocolate!) . . .

. . . then headed to church for a beautiful service.

Though I love the more contemporary music at Parkview, I sometimes miss the traditional hymns at my home church - so I was happy to get to sing Up From the Grave He Arose at today's service (I think the real name of the Hymn is Low in the Grave He Lay).  Though the bunnies and baskets are fun, what can compare to the gift that we've been given in the resurrection?

After church we enjoyed a yummy Easter dinner and G&G Miller's house, followed by an egg hunt. . .


(B really got into it this year! And it was so nice to have a warm sunny day and to be able to be outdoors after so many rainy/chilly days.)



Excitement + running around outside + candy + late nap time = a somewhat cranky toddler

 . . .  so Billy eventually took B home for a much needed nap.  When he woke up, we went to wish Grandma H a Happy Easter at work, and then Grandpa H stopped by to visit.

Though action packed and a little exhausting, we had a great day celebrating with family.  And the best part is, tomorrow is another day off - I still have one more day of Spring Break!

No comments: