4.20.2011

Spring Break

As of about 3:45 this afternoon, I'm on Spring Break!  Never mind that our district's idea of "spring break" is only 3 days off (5 if you count the weekend) - I'm ready for a few days to do fun things.  

I'm not going to allow the cool weather and cloudy sky to put a damper on the fun times either.  By 4:30 today I was at the spa getting a massage (thanks to a thoughtful gift certificate from Billy that I have been "saving" for way too long) - talk about unwinding - ahhhhh! Then after supper Braden and I had fun making* a batch of spring time goodies.**

So cute!
Project 365: 110

* By "had fun making," you know that I mean that Braden liked helping to stir the mixture for about .5 seconds, then assumed his main role of attempting to eat the eggs.  Which then meant that my main role became keeping said eggs out of his reach while trying to quickly form nests out of the chocolate mixture before it hardened.

**I got the idea from Melody's blog, and the recipe originally came from this blog. It is super easy and quite tasty too!

I think Spring Break is off to a promising start.  I'm looking forward to breakfast with friends, a little pampering with a hair appointment and manicure, some shopping, Easter with the family, sleeping in, and spending some extra time with B.

No comments: