Friday night Billy and I were excited to go on a much needed date night (you know, dinner, Target, and Menards - ha! seriously, that is what we ended up doing. and we're ok with that. Oh, and we had Dane's for dessert on the way home - you know spring has arrived when you can get Dane's on the way out of town). :)
Grandma Lynette came to babysit (thanks!!), and my hubby and I got to spend some time together. Without a crying child. We'd had a rough week with Mr. Cranky-pants, and we'd both been a little edgy and needed a chance to catch our breath (seriously, Braden was a different child - he's never really been very "fussy," (or at least not for longer than 5 minutes) and it was non-stop last week . . . over the weekend he spiked a high temp that kept reappearing, and he was diagnosed with an ear infection on Monday. He's only had 2 prior to this one, and we usually have a hard time telling that he's not feeling well - but this time we knew something was up. Even after being on meds for a few days, he was still very irritable and cried screamed even when held, which he's never done. wow.) . . . but on Friday the old loveable B returned (hallelujah!!) just in time for Grandma.
Saturday morning the boys slept in, and I had a professional dev. class at school. As soon as I got home, we packed up and headed to Kinnick for the Hawkeye's spring practice game. We'd never been before (to the spring game), and were shocked by how many fans showed up for practice. I think I heard on the news that 23,000 people were there! We figured it would be a great time to take B to Kinnick (it was free!) to see how he'd do - he does a great job at basketball games - loves to watch people/action - so we thought he'd like football too.
So much to see! (and so many places he wanted to explore!)



So, despite the fact that the event took place smack in the middle of naptime, B did a pretty good job. He loves to be outside, and the weather was perfect. The most difficult thing was that he wanted to run out on the grass with the players - or at least run/climb around on the bleachers.
But with the help of teddy grahams, goldfish, and his lion, he stayed fairly content . . .
. . . someone is sleepy . . .
After the game B crashed in the car. Unfortunately we had to wake him up to grab some groceries and stop in at a birthday party. He then got to sleep longer on the way home, and after his power nap, we attended our first cookout of the season. (Sadly, no pics -- I guess I can only remember to take pictures of one event per day.)
Today we all got to sleep in (some Sundays I am very grateful for the 11:00 service option at our church), then enjoyed naps this afternoon a walk/stroller ride and playing outside this evening.
All of the outdoor fun makes me realize that I am sooooo ready for summer to be here - and we still have several weeks of school to make it through.
1 comment:
I love the new look of your blog. Glad the crankyness is over! Our "date" nights are still Menards, groceries, and out to eat!
Post a Comment