4.06.2010

Easter 2010

Happy Easter (a little late)!

We enjoyed a fun filled weekend celebrating with our families . . . it was extra nice because I am on spring break (finally), so enjoyed Friday, Monday, and today off.

To kick off the weekend, we celebrated with the Hartsock Easter/b-day party on Friday night. Braden had a great time watching Aidan play Wii, and loving on Holly and Josh's (very patient and friendly), dog - sadly we took no pictures.

On Saturday Braden turned 18 months old . . .wow, where does time go?! Auntie and Allie and I took him to take 18 month pictures that afternoon. I thought I had everything well planned: the outfits, timing of nap/snack/bath before pictures, toys to take to use as props if needed . . . Well, there was one thing I hadn't factored in -- balloons. We know from B's b-day party that he loves balloons. When we walked into the store to take pictures, I'm sure you can guess what Braden saw, and what Braden wanted.

Sigh. We did our best to distract him, but he just wanted a balloon. In fact we just took a couple of pictures with him holding a balloon. We were able to distract him when we changed his outfit/the backdrop - and he became enamored with the old fashioned tricycle that the photographer pulled out for him to sit on (whew! the trike was perfect, because right now B loves anything with wheels). And, as always, Sandy ended up getting great shots, so all ended well - except for the fact that I apparently left the car lights on so the car wouldn't start when we were ready to go home - but that's another story. Billy's picking up the pictures tonight, so I will scan them and post 'em soon.

When we (finally, ahem) made it home on Saturday night, B played with his beloved balloon . . .
. . . and his eggs (he's more into throwing them out of the basket rather than picking them up to put in the basket) . . .
. . . and even wore the bunny ears we picked up in the dollar aisle at Target.
I think he makes a cute bunny!

Sunday morning we enjoyed the Easter service at Parkview, then came home and B got his Easter basket . . .
. . . which he promptly dumped all over the floor to better investigate his loot . . .



We then dined on yummy eats and Grandma & Grandpa Miller's with the Miller clan. After dinner the kids "hunted" for eggs . . .
Cousins Madi and Will were so helpful and made sure Braden got some eggs too!





Apparently all the excitement was just too much for some people . . . ;)

No comments: