Well, I provided materials for someone to make art.
Today while teaching math (at school), I got the call: my daycare provider needed to close because her child was sick. So I made arrangements for a sub and picked up Braden and headed home.
After lunch we broke out the crayons . . . A couple of evenings ago I was reading about toddler milestons, and one that Braden should be able to achieve at this age is scribbling. When we tried it a while back, he was not at all interested in scribbling - he just wanted to EAT the crayons. I was curious to see what he'd do by now.
Here's what happened . . .
First we tried toddler "crayons" that B had gotten for his birthday. He thinks they are toys (not the drawing kind) and doesn't get that one can use them to draw. The squiggly lines are my attempt to model how they work.
He sort of got it, but was more "hey, look at these cool round toys."

A budding artist, eh?
And now we have Braden's first masterpiece displayed (where all fine art is displayed) - on the fridge!
Just for the record . . . today wasn't all fun and games at home today. Oh no, I didn't just teach art.
I did laundry. I cleaned out our "dump" room (which had gotten out. of. control. after the holidays). I baked chicken and shredded it and have it ready to go for a casserole I plan to make later this week. I cleaned the bathroom (which is really Billy's job, but certain parts were so icky I just could not not clean it). I dusted.
I think I am ready to go back to school tomorrow. ;)
PS - Sorry for the large amount of photos. Really. Actually I took a substantially larger amount of photos today during art class (new camera, remember?), and tried to weed them down. Fun stuff!
PPS - I think my child has mastered scribbling! (I didn't help at all). AND for those of you freaking out that I let my 15 month old use markers, he only got 1 tiny dot of blue on his onesie. That's it. It was worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment