Braden's first tooth poked through on Monday! It's in the middle on the bottom, and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get a picture of it, because whenever I put my finger in his mouth to feel the tooth or try to take a peek, Braden sticks out his tongue, covering up his little pearly white! 



As promised, here's more eating shots! Braden is getting really good at eating (read not just playing with the food in his mouth), and has developed a fondness for pears. I think the peas rank lowest on his list (they would on mine too - boy do those baby food peas in a jar smell baaaaaad).


And the peas . . .





We're so glad that the tooth finally made an appearance; our nights are much better (during the peak of teething Braden was waking up several times a night - we are not used to that)!
When he was teething, we tried all his favorite spots - although he hasn't used the swing much lately (too busy rolling), it seemed to soothe him for awhile.
Just a warning - lots of pictures in this post! You may remember, my computer bit the dust. I am happy to have my laptop back in working order, but EVERYTHING was lost. Yep, all my pictures, documents, etc. etc. - when I got my laptop back it was basically like getting a brand new one. None of my things were there. Thankfully I didn't really lose a single picture (got them all backed up on CD), or document, but I have spent a lot of time trying to reconfigure all my settings/preferences to get my computer back to feeling like "mine." One lesson I learned from the whole ordeal is that it is good to have your precious pictures in more than one location - that is why I love having them posted here - in a web based location - so I can access them if I lose them on my machine.
Anyway - here's little man doing his "scoot"/army crawl. . .he'll do anything to get to that toy!
Braden is becoming our "big" boy! He's reached lots of milestones over the last few weeks (in fact, as I type this post, he is jabbering away - he is so verbal lately . . . the other day Billy and my Dad claim that he said mama (or mamamama), but I haven't heard it yet!). We've been working hard on sitting, and little man is catching on! I am hoping he'll have mastered it well enough to sit up for some of his 6 month pictures next week (so we don't have to pose him laying in a basket again)!
As promised, here's more eating shots! Braden is getting really good at eating (read not just playing with the food in his mouth), and has developed a fondness for pears. I think the peas rank lowest on his list (they would on mine too - boy do those baby food peas in a jar smell baaaaaad).
Eating pears - yum!
And the peas . . .
. . . it's waaaaay more fun to get messy and ham it up for the camera than to actually eat the peas!
Here's the little guy all decked out for the warm spring weather we had last week - ready to go on a walk; he loves stroller rides. I love the floppy hat (a great find at Old Navy last fall for $0.25)! If you're shopping this weekend, check out Old Navy - on Monday they had all their baby clothes marked down to $5 (the new stuff, not last season's items) . . . I got Braden swim trunks, a swim shirt, and a little hoodie. . . . and no, Old Navy is not giving me a kick back for the shout outs - I wish!
Ready for dinner (doesn't he look so old?)!

And finally, all decked out to go to the Kalona Elementary spring music concert . . . Braden got to see my class sing, and his cousins too.
And finally, all decked out to go to the Kalona Elementary spring music concert . . . Braden got to see my class sing, and his cousins too.
Whew - hopefully we're all caught up! Now that my computer is back, I'll try to post more frequently (and less lengthly)! :)
1 comment:
He is just so precious! I love his big eyes and (nearly) toothless grin. Makes me smile too.
Post a Comment